Will consider other work arrangements (e.g., remote work) on a case-by-case basis.
We are seeking exceptionally qualified and motivated candidates with experience in water resources engineering, water systems modeling, and data science to join our expanding team.
- Strategic project planning, workflow development, technical analyses, and project/task management and delivery.
- Synthesis of water systems-related data, engineering principles, and project-specific information into models, databases, reports, studies, specifications, and other technical deliverables.
- Most working hours will be at a desk in front of a computer. Position may occasionally require travel, off-site field visits, and overnight stays.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in engineering, data science, environmental sciences, or another related field.
- 2-5 years of experience in water resources engineering, water systems modeling, and data science.
- Pursuit of a graduate degree will be considered as years of experience.
- Proficiency with Excel and other Microsoft Office Suite programs required. Proficiency with Python and/or SQL a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills and motivation to collaborate and proactively communicate with a diverse project team and colleagues in both in-person and virtual settings.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, especially relating engineering topics and analyses.
- Experience with (or connection to) irrigated agriculture. Experience with irrigated agriculture in California a plus.
Water Resources Engineering
- Proficiency with water budget approaches, including understanding measurement principles and methods for typical flows in the surface water system (e.g., stream flows, diversions, precipitation, evapotranspiration)
- Experience with water use efficiency and water conservation studies.
- Experience with water management planning, such as Groundwater Sustainability Plans or Agricultural Water Management Plans.
Water Systems Modeling and Data Science
- Theory and practice of at least one of the following: finite element (e.g., DWR Integrated Water Flow Model (IWFM)), finite difference (e.g., MODFLOW), hydrodynamic (e.g., HEC-RAS), and rainfall-runoff (e.g., HEC-HMS) modeling.
- Experience with data assembly, QA/QC, analysis, visualization, statistics, and reporting.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. All inquiries will be handled with strict confidentiality. Visit www.davidsengineering.com for more information.
You can also apply at: https://davidsengineering.com/job-opportunity-engineer-data-scientist/