Accounting Manager – D. M. Camp and Sons
Job Title: Accountant Job Category: Professional Accountant
Location: Bakersfield, California Travel Required: None
Level/Salary Range: DOE Position Type: Full-time, Permanent
HR Contact: Elaine Wakelin Date posted: January 2021
Software Application (Famous) Posting Expires: When filled
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Description: Accounting position reporting to the Owner and CFO. Responsible for Business System maintenance, general ledger maintenance, statement preparation, financial analysis, comparative analysis transaction review and recording, annual financial review, cash management, special projects
Provides full-charge financial accounting and analysis to management, including crop and field-level accounting.
• Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
• Documents financial transactions by entering account information into the Business System (Famous).
• Prepare financial inputs for tax preparation by external accountants
• Summarizes current financial status by collecting information, preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
• Maintains accounting controls, policies, and procedures.
• Manage Cash with on-line banking system
• Guides clerical staff by coordinating and directing certain activities
• Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
• Maintains field/crop level accounting
• Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements
• Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications as necessary
• Works with other members of management to correctly account for all ranching activities
• Grower Accounting, Financial Accounting, Reporting Skills, Attention to Detail, Deadline-Oriented, Reporting Research Results, Confidentiality, Time Management, Famous Business System desirable but will train. Microsoft Office and general computer skills. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or commensurate experience